- Up to £25,000 per annum
- Plus benefits
- Posted on:
- Type: Permanent
Are you a committed Health & Social Care professional seeking progression and recognition in your care career?
Whether you have been a Care Team Leader previously or a Senior Care Worker, we are interested in speaking with you.
You will help lead and shape our team to ensure the people we support receive quality care.
We are looking for a reliable, flexible and caring Team Leader to join our team in Finchley, where you will provide various support to our service users who suffer from a mental illness and / or learning disability.
- Opportunities to progress within the company
- Comprehensive training opportunities
- Competitive hourly rates of pay
- 28 days holiday pro rata (PLUS extra holiday to reward loyalty)
- Funded DBS check
- The option to be a member of our pension scheme
- Empowerment, responsibilities, recognition of your individual skills and the opportunity to develop these
- Referral bonus of £300 each time you introduce a full-time employee
- Staff only activities and events
- To professionally lead the care team during any span of duty, ensuring that a safe, effective and efficient care service is maintained.
- To provide care to service users in accordance with their assessed needs to an industry-leading standard.
- Provide leadership and support for care staff and act as a champion for service users safety and dignity.
- To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
- Ensure the ongoing safety of service users, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used.
- Act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership and support for the care team.
- Supervise care staff on a day to day basis and through formal supervision processes.
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that service users receive the medical and clinical support they require.
- Demand high quality care delivery focused on service users individually assessed needs and choices.
- Promote the professional image of the services through excellent communication, appropriate behaviour and professional appearance.
- Support new seniors and care staff in the completion of induction programmes, training and competency assessment.
- Undertake training appropriate to the role, as agreed with management, and ensure learning is shared and put into practice.
- Review the daily delivery of care, including pressure area prevention, nutrition, infection prevention and control procedures. Ensure high standards of care delivery are maintained.
- To be responsible for the safe and appropriate management, administration and recording of medication, including controlled drugs and oxygen, in accordance with Accedo Care policies and procedures.
- Act at all times within your own skills and competence.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required in order to fulfil your duties.
- Conduct and document care and risk assessments and develop care plans related to the assessed needs and choices of individual service users.
- Ensure that areas of identified risk are appropriately monitored, and outcomes recorded and acted upon e.g. fluid and nutrition charts, turning regimes, blood glucose monitoring.
- Report all accidents and incidents promptly in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure accident/incident reports are written clearly and concisely and that any remedial action or learning is incorporated into care delivery.
- Ensure that service users are encouraged and supported to remain as independent and active as possible. Promote the philosophy of activity-based care.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of all service users, whilst encouraging a happy, homely atmosphere.
- Be knowledgeable about safeguarding and report any untoward events in accordance with Accedo Care and local authority requirements.
- To maintain standards of infection control within the home and to assist service users to maintain their own infection control needs.
- Ensure effective and clearly documented handover systems are maintained to facilitate the effective transfer of information between staff and shifts.
- Attend and participate in all Team Leader meetings as arranged by the management team.
- Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (2008) in relation to consent and best interest decision making.
- Provide information to service users and relative in relation to care delivery, being mindful of data protection and Caldicott requirements.
- Ensure a high standard of record keeping are maintained in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act (2008) and Essential Standards of Quality and Safety (2010) and Company requirements.
We expect all applicants to Accedo Care to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.