- Competitive Salary
- Plus Benefits
- Essex - Hertfordshire
- Posted on:
- Type: Permanent
Based in Sawbridgeworth, CM21
Want to join our team and make a difference?
This is a highly rewarding position where you really can make a difference to the life of another. In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll be working for an independent care provider who value their staff, offer on-going training and development and reward their employees
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities to progress within the company
- Holiday reward scheme
- £300 staff referral bonus
- Comprehensive training opportunities
- 28 days’ holiday pro-rata
- Funded DBS check
- Pension scheme option
- Staff only activities
- Company recognition
- Training including class-room based, eLearning, fully funded qualifications and on the job training
- Lead the staff team in providing a high quality, effective service within the scope of company policy & procedures.
- To provide a homely, therapeutic & safe environment that meets the patient’s individual needs and facilitates integration with the local community.
- To work with other staff in a manner that promotes team-building, within the scope of company policy & proceduress
- Ensure daily tasks are allocated appropriately.
- The implementation and provision of patient care for patients aged 18-65 presenting learning disabilities, mental health and challenging behaviour in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008, Mental Health Act 1983, as amended in 2007, the company’s six core values, and company procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Encompass a caring, supportive attitude and listening to service users about their concerns or feelings about any difficulties they may be facing.
- Writing review reports, MDT notes, risk assessments, care plans or any other reports as required.
- Being involved in the admission process of new service users.
- Assist in providing personal care to the service users.
- Maintain the standards of service user care and rehabilitation in accordance with recommendations, guidelines, and support plans from the Clinical Services Team (psychiatry, psychology, nursing, occupational therapy, speech & language therapy and sessional therapists).
- To manage, monitor, and intervene where necessary in any situation where using approved Therapeutic Management of Aggression (TMA) techniques are required.
- Support during induction programmes and carrying out supervision of staff as and when requested to do so by the management team.
- Carrying out domestic duties including cleaning, washing, cooking as and when required to do so.
- Ensure that the home and living areas are kept presentable and care clean, tidy and safe.
- Ensure that each service users health needs are met.
- Liaise effectively and professionally with other relevant professionals, both internal and external; such as the GP, social worker or dentist.
- Awareness and implementation of all policies and procedures.
- Attend multi-disciplinary, mental health review, team and CPA meetings when necessary.
- To participate in all mandatory training and any other training as required.
- Carrying out any other delegated tasks given from the Registered Manager, and performing any other such duties as may be reasonably required/expected.
- Ensure all documentation is kept up to date, and accurate.
- Promote the Accedo Group policies, procedures and philosophy.
- To assist the Manager in the assessment of individual staff and team training needs, which include planning and co-ordinating the provision of such training.
- To ensure a high standard of communication between staff, and arrange regular staff meetings, key worker reports, supervisions and appraisals.
- To wear ID badges at all times when on duty.
- Responsibility for petty cash and patient cash.
- Ensure there are no amendments to invoices or fees without the written consent of the Director of Finance.
- Ensure that no agreement of expenditure is incurred on behalf of the company outside budgetary controls without the express consent of a Director.
- Responsible for ordering, and ensuring the correct administration, control, storage and recording of medication.