- Competitive Salary
- Plus benefits
- Posted on:
- Type: Permanent
We’re looking for reliable, flexible and caring people to join our team in Sawbridgeworth, Essex, where you will provide various support to our service users who suffer from a mental illness and / or learning disability.
Accedo is an organisation that is committed to care and the well being of others and encourage our service users to make their own decisions and to live independently. We believe everyone has a choice and a right to make their own choice – no matter what illness they suffer from.
Within this role you will flexibly support service users within their own home, responding to their needs and aspirations to maximise their independence during their day-to-day life.
General duties include:
- Helping with daily living including choosing and buying clothes, washing and ironing, assisting with cooking and planning meals, cleaning etc.
- Assisting with managing personal finances and budgeting in line with policies and procedures set by the company
- Offering assistance with community based activities – leisure, social, education and employment
- Supporting service users to maintain their tenancy agreements and where necessary help deal with landlords, workmen and neighbours
- Provide support with personal care and assist with medication if/when required
As an Accedo Support Worker you’ll be required to complete daily entries as an accurate record, reporting to your team leader and ensuring risk assessment is followed at all times. You will need to protect the welfare of our service user at all times, following company safeguarding procedures. Attention to detail, a positive attitude and punctuality are a must for this role.
This is a highly rewarding position where you really can make a difference to the life of another. In return for your hard work, you’ll be working for an independent care provider who value their staff, offer on-going training and development and reward employees.
Want to join our team and make a difference?