- Competitive Salary
- Plus Benefits
- Essex - Hertfordshire
- Posted on:
- Type: Permanent
Want to join our team and make a difference?
This is a highly rewarding position where you really can make a difference to the life of another. In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll be working for an independent care provider who value their staff, offer on-going training and development and reward their employees.
The Purpose of this role
As a full time Support Worker you will flexibly support each service user within their own home and in the wider community, responding to their individual needs and aspirations as well as assisting to maximise their independence whilst responding to all opportunities presented to the service user during their day to day life.
You will need to support and assist with all aspects of daily living including personal care and environment management, as well as with leisure, recreational, educational and employment based activities.
You will need to support service users to become a valued and active member of their local community.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities to progress within the company
- Holiday reward scheme
- £300 staff referral bonus
- Comprehensive training opportunities
- 28 days’ holiday pro-rata
- Funded DBS check
- Pension scheme option
- Staff only activities
- Company recognition
- Training including class-room based, eLearning, fully funded qualifications and on the job training
- The direct delivery of care to our service users, in congruence with the six values; these are choice, fulfilment, privacy, dignity, rights, and independence.
- To work with other staff in a manner that promotes team-building, within the scope of company policy & procedures
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive punctually for duty and leave shift at the appointed time.
- To undertake all training as required by the company
- To provide support towards planning a well-structured programme of leisure activities and social skills training for each individual.
- Ensure the care plan is followed to promote the service user’s intended outcomes.
- Complete the daily entries as an accurate record and assist the line manager in evaluating the outcomes, and where necessary in conjunction with the service user & line manager make any adjustments. To maintain files & other records.
- Ensure the risk assessment is followed and alert the line manager to any concerns.
- Dispense medication if and when required according to medical instructions.
- Help the service users make any necessary medical appointments and attend with them as required.
- Promote the service user to enhance & develop their daily living skills e.g. helping them to choose & buy clothes, wash & iron garments, help menu plan, and assist with preparation or cooking where able to do so.
- Provide support to service users with their personal care as & when required.
- Assist service users to manage their personal finances & budgeting in line with the company’s policies & procedures.
- Support the service user to maintain their tenancy agreement, and where necessary support them to deal with landlords, workmen, and if necessary, any neighbourhood disputes.
- Offer assistance to access community-based activities, leisure time, education and supported employment.
- Protect the welfare of service users, and follow the company’s safeguarding procedure, reporting any acts of abuse or poor practice.
- Help service users to maintain & keep their environment clean.
- Act as a key worker to designated service users.
- To travel between properties and other locations such as Head Office as needed.