Accedo is a growing supported living provider dedicated to delivering bespoke care within the clients own home. Our aim is to provide high quality individualised support those people who need a little extra support to allow them to live wholly independently.
We do this by not only supporting them in daily living, but encouraging clients to have more choice and control in their life, working to their own goals and aspirations through person centred planning and positive behavioural support.
We work with a number of private landlords, to enable clients to have their own home with a tenancy in their own name
Enabling individuals to actually enjoy, flourish, progress and gain skills that enable and support independence. It’s a place where individuals will feel safe, secure, and totally at home. Our team will help individuals focus on receiving positive outcomes and encourage community inclusion, enabling them to live meaningful lives, as we believe in allowing individuals to make a choice: their choice.
Commitment to Quality
Accedo make significant investments in their commitment to quality and to this end, have appointed a range of external agencies to provide another level of scrutiny and help us provide a quality service.
- Independent Health and Safety representative and consultant
- External whistleblowing company
- Impartial feedback service to gather customer satisfaction levels
- To complement Accedo own Compliance Manager we also use external consultants to support this
- Our board place strong emphasis on the importance of quality, and actively seeks excellence throughout our services.
This occurs at a number of levels:
- Customer feedback surveys
- Staff training and professional development
- Seeking excellence in Human Resource (HR) practice
- Information and Technology
- Environmental Quality working closely with private landlords
- Staff voice representatives
- Health and safety officers in each project
- Governance meetings attending by all grades of staff
Health & Safety
At the Accedo Group we believe that Safety has to be a number one priority and as responsible employers we have a legal duty of care to ensure that everyone within our care must be safe from injury or harm.
We take our corporate responsibility seriously to emphasise Health and Safety to all employees in order to reduce accidents, serious or otherwise to zero and are committed to drive a positive safety culture to achieve this objective at all levels within our organisation.
We are committed to:
- Improve knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety through training and regular information
- Not put profit before safety as it always costs more in the longer term
- We have ensured that we have invested in providing a better workplace, better equipment and the quality of the general environment for our workers and service users
- Being proactive, not reactive to an accident, prevent it from happening in the first place, and learn lessons if it does, and at all costs prevent re-occurrence
- Ensure good effective communication, up, down and across the organisation and implement effective regular consultation with all staff
- Promote good job satisfaction and morale and encourage high standards within our home
- Increase the amount of time our managers spend amongst the workers and work in partnership with Health and Safety Representatives
- Avoid an unjust blame culture, only attribute blame to workers who take unnecessary risks and are negligent and put themselves and others at significant risk
As responsible employers we have appointed Ramsay Safety Solutions Ltd as our ‘Competent Persons’ to fulfil our obligations under the Management of Health & Safety Regulations 1999. They can be contacted via their website on www.ramsaysafetysolutions.co.uk or 0800 690 6293.